What to do and what not to do while planing a beach wedding!
Beach wedding ‘s are in rave these days. Taking vows next to the seashore, and witnessing the sunset is a true fairy-tale moment. Places like Goa ,Go Karna, Pondicherry, Daman & Diu etc. are perfect for beach wedding in India. It certainly is like a dream but there are things, one needs to keep in mind while planning a beach wedding.
Beach wedding 101!
- Carpet is a must, else all your clothes would be covered with sand.
- To add a quirky element to your wedding decor, you can keep a footwear stand(shoe valet) next to the entrance. Make sure you keep some some slip-ons, for your guests. This will ensure that no one’s shoes, get ruined, and people would love the idea to wear similar footwear, apt for a beach.
- This one is super important- make sure your mandap is water proof. Beaches are prone to rains and you would not want to get wet in your wedding outfit.
- Always go for waterproof makeup, as the weather is humid near the coastal areas or it is always likely to rain.
- Rain dance party would add a fun element to your wedding. All the guests would have a wonderful time. Make sure you update them before hand, to carry appropriate clothes, for a rain dance party.
- Wear light breezy outfits and avoid fabrics like linen or synthetic blends.
- Avoid wearing stilettoes ,try and opt for platform heels or wedges.
- Plan your functions in a way that they wind up before the sunset, as visibility is an issue in the evening and this would affect your wedding photographs.
- You can plan an after party at night with fire torches and fairy lights, to get a proper beach vibe.
- For mehandi or haldi giveaways, one can opt for umbrellas, as they would be useful if it rains. There are a lot of quirky umbrellas available in the market which can be decorated with flowers to make them look prettier.