Every girl loves to be treated like a princess before her wedding and wants the best of things. But while shopping for a trousseau, we tend to miss out on important and basic things and end up buying stuff that we would never use.
To shop for your wedding trousseau in a budget, you need to keep in mind the following things:
- Outfits: Look for standard and evergreen pieces and avoid the current fashion favourites, as they might go out of fashion. If you are a saree lover, do purchase basic silk sarees like- kanjeevaram, banarasi, south silk etc. They are always in vogue and would never go out of trend.
Try and avoid asymmetrical designs, as they tend to go out of fashion. Rather go for simple suits, anarkalis etc.
- Bags: Before you end up purchasing a lot of bags, always check out the ones that you already have and can be a part of your wedding trousseau. Invest in a good tote, a hobo bag and a statement clutch. These are basic bags that you would need right after your wedding. You can also opt for potli bags as they go well with Indian outfits and are in trend these days.
- Shoes: Always go for comfortable footwear.If you cannot wear heels,go for juttis. There are a lot of instagram stores,selling good and comfortable juttis.
If you can wear heels, try and stick to wedges or platform heels as they are comfortable.Go for a few ethnic footwears which would include heels and flats based on what you can wear.
Also invest in good sneakers, as they go well with most of the western outfits, plus they would be comfortable on your travel during your honeymoon.
- Jewellery: Look for heirloom pieces, like the ones that are passed on from generations to one another. You can get them slightly modified or polished. Lot of stores these days work on 1-2 gram jewellery, which is not pure gold but is usually made of copper or silver, which can be a good alternative. You can invest in such pieces which would save you a lot of money as buying everything in gold can be really expensive.
- Makeup: Invest in products that you would actually use. I have seen a lot of brides purchasing a lot of things, which they would never use after their wedding. If you are the one who doesn’t apply a lot of makeup, than opt for basic products like-a primer, foundation, compact, eyebrow kit(this is must),lipsticks(opt for a nude or brown and shades of red and pink as they go with most of Indian outfits),a good mascara, kajal and waterproof eyeliner, a blush(if you feel like, but who doesn’t like pink flushed cheeks).Last but not the least-always keep a makeup setting spray, do not confuse it with rose water. Makeup setting spray helps in keeping your makeup last longer, especially during summers.
- Toiletries: These are basic and few of the most important thing that a girl must keep in her bridal trousseau, make sure your get the right products which would soothe your skin after all the makeup sessions.
Invest in right skincare, get a good cleanser, toner and moisturiser. Invest in good serums to rejuvenate your skin after the wedding hush-hush.
- Fragrance: Identify the type of fragrance that you like, always go for a tried and tested one, whose longevity is more than 6 hours. When purchasing a perfume, keep in mind that the fragrance changes after a while once you apply it on your skin. So try out a perfume of your choice, roam around(shop for other things) and purchase it if you like the fragrance after half an hour of its application. Purchase an atomiser or small bottle of perfume(travel friendly) as this would be useful during your honeymoon.
Based on your budget, you can add or skip a few things. But, these are the few thing that you would essentially need after your wedding.